Skip to main content
Search IntMath
Close

IntMath forum | Plane Analytical Geometry

Finding the Area with Pythagoras's theorem [Solved!]

My question

the length of the longer side of a parallelogram is twice the length of the shorter side and two of the internal angles are 60 degrees. the length of the shorter diagonal is 3 cm. what is the area of the parallelogram?

Relevant page

3. Values of Trigonometric Functions

What I've done so far

I haven't done anything yet as I am unable to find the height of the parallelogram.

X

the length of the longer side of a parallelogram is twice the length of the shorter side and two of the internal angles are 60 degrees. the length of the shorter diagonal is 3 cm. what is the area of the parallelogram?
Relevant page

<a href="/trigonometric-functions/3-values-trigonometric-functions.php">3. Values of Trigonometric Functions</a>

What I've done so far

I haven't done anything yet as I am unable to find the height of the parallelogram.

Re: Finding the Area with Pythagoras's theorem

In the "relevant page" in your question, you'll see a discussion about 30-60 triangle. That should help get you started.

X

In the "relevant page" in your question, you'll see a discussion about 30-60 triangle. That should help get you started.

You need to be logged in to reply.

Related Plane Analytical Geometry questions

Plane Analytical Geometry lessons on IntMath

Tips, tricks, lessons, and tutoring to help reduce test anxiety and move to the top of the class.