Skip to main content
Search IntMath
Close

IntMath forum | Plane Analytical Geometry

Center and Radius of Circle [Solved!]

My question

On your site, the Plane Analytical Geometry Chapter, section 3 - The Circle, at the end of exercise 3 there is the "EXERCISE FOR YOU."

You post that the radius is 1.63. How did you arrive at that number? I come up with 1.58.

Relevant page

3. The Circle

What I've done so far

I completed the square thereby adding `9/4` and `1/4` to the right side of the equation. So `r^2 = 10/4,` or `2.5.` So `r,` the square root of `2.5,` is `1.58.`

X

On  your site, the Plane Analytical Geometry Chapter, section 3 - The Circle, at the end of exercise 3 there is the "EXERCISE FOR  YOU." 

You post that the radius is 1.63.  How did you arrive at that number? I come up with 1.58.
Relevant page

<a href="https://www.intmath.com/plane-analytic-geometry/3-circle.php">3. The Circle</a>

What I've done so far

I completed the square thereby adding `9/4` and `1/4` to the right side of the equation.  So `r^2 = 10/4,` or `2.5.` So `r,` the square root of `2.5,` is `1.58.`

Re: Center and Radius of Circle

@phinah: Indeed, you are correct. It was a typo on my part. (The radius of the circle in the image is correct at `sqrt(2.5),` but my image caption was not.)

I've fixed the issue.

X

@phinah: Indeed, you are correct. It was a typo on my part. (The radius of the circle in the image is correct at `sqrt(2.5),` but my image caption was not.)

I've fixed the issue.

You need to be logged in to reply.

Related Plane Analytical Geometry questions

• Re: Finding the Area with Pythagoras's theorem [Solved!]
    In the "relevant page" in your question, you'll see a discussion about 30-60 triangle. That...
  • Conic rotation [Solved!]
    Determine the graph identity y^2+8x=0 for phi=6/pi and write an equation of the rotated or...
  • The Circle [Solved!]
    Check out the url below. Under Plane Analytical Geometry - The Circle. The final line...
  • Fillet radius for eyeglass lens [Solved!]
    i want to find heights as given in the image. i have apply radius fillet...
  • Plane analytical geometry apply in real life? [Solved!]
    Comments: How is plane analytical geometry apply in real life? What are type of real life...

Plane Analytical Geometry lessons on IntMath

Tips, tricks, lessons, and tutoring to help reduce test anxiety and move to the top of the class.