Skip to main content

IntMath Home » Forum home » Plane Analytical Geometry » Center and Radius of Circle

IntMath forum | Plane Analytical Geometry

Center and Radius of Circle [Solved!]

My question

On your site, the Plane Analytical Geometry Chapter, section 3 - The Circle, at the end of exercise 3 there is the "EXERCISE FOR YOU."

You post that the radius is 1.63. How did you arrive at that number? I come up with 1.58.

Relevant page

3. The Circle

What I've done so far

I completed the square thereby adding `9/4` and `1/4` to the right side of the equation. So `r^2 = 10/4,` or `2.5.` So `r,` the square root of `2.5,` is `1.58.`

X

On  your site, the Plane Analytical Geometry Chapter, section 3 - The Circle, at the end of exercise 3 there is the "EXERCISE FOR  YOU." 

You post that the radius is 1.63.  How did you arrive at that number? I come up with 1.58.
Relevant page

<a href="https://www.intmath.com/plane-analytic-geometry/3-circle.php">3. The Circle</a>

What I've done so far

I completed the square thereby adding `9/4` and `1/4` to the right side of the equation.  So `r^2 = 10/4,` or `2.5.` So `r,` the square root of `2.5,` is `1.58.`

Re: Center and Radius of Circle

@phinah: Indeed, you are correct. It was a typo on my part. (The radius of the circle in the image is correct at `sqrt(2.5),` but my image caption was not.)

I've fixed the issue.

X

@phinah: Indeed, you are correct. It was a typo on my part. (The radius of the circle in the image is correct at `sqrt(2.5),` but my image caption was not.)

I've fixed the issue.

You need to be logged in to reply.

Search IntMath, blog and Forum

Search IntMath