The TI-89 Titanium Calculator: Best Calculator for Advanced Math
By Kathleen Cantor, 01 Dec 2021
Are you looking for a calculator that can perform advanced calculating abilities and make your problem-solving easier? The Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator might be the one for you.
The TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator
Texas Instruments is one of the leading brands producing competitive graphing calculators. Their best calculator yet is the TI-89 Titanium graphing calculator. It is a user-friendly version of the TI-92 and an upgrade of the TI-83. It is neither complex nor basic in different aspects.
The TI-89 Titanium gives functions from basic algorithms to solving complex math problems. For this, it is best for students in late high school and college levels.
Here's what you need to know about the TI-89 Titanium Calculator:
Key Features of The TI-89 Titanium Calculator
The TI-89 Titanium is one of the graphing calculators that teachers always recommend. Students taking up higher levels of Mathematics are usually required of a calculator that can perform a wide array of functions.
The TI-89 Titanium has sixteen preloaded graphing calculator software applications and a built-in USB port. Some of its best features are below:
The TI-89 Titanium has a powerful Computer Algebra System (CAS) platform that intensifies accuracy in solving equations, finding antiderivatives, limits, etc.
Proper Notation Display
With its Pretty Print feature, this calculator’s innovative program in inputting radical notation leads to superior results. This capability allows data to look alike with what is in textbooks. The TI-89 Titanium also saves past calculations that provide immediate modification.
The TI-89 Titanium graphing calculator offers extensive use in the real world. As a product of the combined power of math and science, this calculator via the CBL 2 system can measure motion, temperature, light, sound and force.
Programs that you design on your computer can be transferred fast and easy to the TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator. It saves a lot of time when you have this device on hand.
Pros and Cons
The TI-89 Titanium offers a variety of functions. These functions are what make this calculator worth the price. Here are some of the pros of owning the TI-89 Titanium.
- It has plenty of storage for functions, programs, and data.
- It has a large screen and is compatible with the CBL 2 system, CBR 2 motion sensor, Vernier Easylink, and Vernier easy temp system to collect and analyze real-world data.
- It has a USB port for computer connectivity.
- It is a user-friendly calculator with easy manipulation and saves past calculations.
- It can solve and calculate problems faster and precisely.
- It has memory management for organizing specific applications.
- You can upgrade it electronically to access the most up-to-date functionality and applications.
- It comes with a guidebook that will help you understand and learn how to use the calculator correctly.
- It is a durable calculator since it has an impact-resistance slide case.
- It is allowed in SAT and AP exams.
- It has Computer Algebra System (CAS).
- It has a 3D Graphing application.
- It has a calendar feature that allows tracking of tasks and to-do lists.
The downsides of the TI-89 Titanium are primarily due to its complex functionality. Some of which are:
- It has a complex set of buttons for varied capabilities.
- It is not best for beginners.
- It is not approved in ACT examinations.
- No SD card slots.
- It is too pricey.
- It can be slow sometimes due to high-powered functions.
- It quickly runs out of battery charge,
Who needs the TI-89 Titanium Calculator?
This advanced model suits students who are required to possess a depth understanding of higher levels of Mathematics. If you are in late high school or college, investing in a graphing calculator like TI-89 Titanium may be the best.
Why is the TI-89 Titanium Calculator the best option for students?
The TI-89 Titanium is best for students who are taking advanced Mathematics subjects. It is one of the approved calculators for SAT and AP examinations. With the daily calculations for Calculus, Advanced Algebra and even Geometry, the TI-89 Titanium is made to keep up with these courses.
It is powered by four A batteries that keep up with its superior memory for data calculations. For students who may consistently make mistakes, this calculator offers data saving and quick modification.
What makes the TI-89 Titanium superior?
The TI-89 Titanium is superior for its strong functionalities. It is the calculator that can help you solve any problems in Mathematics, whether basic or complex. It is equipped with 188 KB RAM and 2.7 flash memory that enhances speed and storage capabilities. From its name, the durability of TI-89 Titanium can last up to a generation.
To Sum It Up
The Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator is one of the most powerful calculators that Texas Instruments has manufactured. It can do everything a normal calculator can do plus it can perform graphics, including 3D graphs, and so much more. It also has the Computer Algebra System that can solve algebraic and trigonometry problems.
It is also durable and handy. Despite its buttons and functions, students can master its use as they advance in their subjects. To sum it up, Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium is worth buying for its price.
Be the first to comment below.