World population - still a concern
By Murray Bourne, 15 Sep 2005
Some interesting stats pulled from World Data Sheet:
- Percentage of the world living below US$2 per day: 53%
- Projected world population in 2050: 9.3 billion, an increase of 43% from 2005.
- Japan's population will drop 21% from now to 2050, China's will increase 10%, even though the one-child policy is still in place.
- Singapore's infant mortality rate 1.9/1000 live births (lowest in the world), Australia's: 4.5, USA: 6.6
- Singapore has one of the highest per-capita incomes and highest population densities in the world.
Numbers that matter...
Be the first to comment below.