The Simpsons on math education (NCTM standards)
By Murray Bourne, 17 Jul 2007
This clip has many interesting elements:
- Gender separation to promote better learning
- Fundamental questions concerning the nature of mathematics
- The role of the teacher
- Confidence versus skills, experience versus learning
- The resignation that all are equal (and must pass) in modern assessment systems
- The correct solution for y2 = 25. (See sqrt(16) - How many answers?.)
Sorry. This video no longer exists.
See the 1 Comment below.