Online Graphing Calculator: Plot your own SVG Math Graphs
You can plot 2 functions, function 1 (in dark green) and function 2 (in magenta).
Edit your functions and then click the "Graph it" button below. To remove a graph, leave its text box blank.
(If you can't see the graph, or there is a problem, try this alternative graph plotter).
Some graphs to try
The grapher will accept any of the following functions (use the notation shown). You can copy from the examples below if you wish.
- Straight lines: (like
3x - 2)
- Polynomials: (like
x^3 + 3x^2 - 5x + 2)
- Any of the trigonometric functions:
sin(x), cos(x/2), tan(2x), csc(3x), sec(x/4), cot(x)
- The inverse trigonometric functions:
arcsin(x), arccos(x), arctan(x), arccsc(x), arcsec(x), arccot(x)
- Exponential (
e^x) and logarithm (
ln(x)for natural log and
log(x)for log base 10)
- Absolute value: use "abs" like this:
- The hyperbolic functions and their inverses:
sinh(x), cosh(x), tanh(x), arcsinh(x), arccosh(x), arctanh(x)
- Sign (1 if the sign is positive, −1 if the sign of the function is negative.) For example, try
- square root:
You can also use any combinations of the above, like
If your graph doesn't work: Try using brackets! For example, "tan 2x" won't work. You have to put