Skip to main content
Search IntMath
Close

IntMath forum | Systems of Equations

Genetic Algorithm [Solved!]

My question

Sir, since it is a linear programming problem; Is it possible to use Genetic Algorithm to solve transportation problems? If yes sir, please can you showcase the example?
Thank you Sir.

Relevant page

What I've done so far

I learned that Genetic Algorithms are research method based on natural selection and Genetic.

X

Sir, since it is a linear programming problem; Is it possible to use Genetic Algorithm to solve transportation problems? If yes sir, please can you showcase the example? 
   Thank you Sir.
Relevant page

What I've done so far

I learned that Genetic Algorithms are research method based on natural selection and Genetic.

Re: Genetic Algorithm

Your question is beyond the scope of the IntMath topics. (I don't even have a section on linear programming yet - hopefully soon!)

My understanding is that the Genetic Algorithm is only suitable for small parts of a system (not whole systems) because the complexity (and storage requirements) increase rapidly with increases in complexity. So it may be possible to optimize one bus route, but not a whole bus system, for example.

But I claim no expertise in this field.

Perhaps another reader may be able to give input?

X

Your question is beyond the scope of the IntMath topics. (I don't even have a section on linear programming yet - hopefully soon!)

My understanding is that the Genetic Algorithm is only suitable for small parts of a system (not whole systems) because the complexity (and storage requirements) increase rapidly with increases in complexity. So it may be possible to optimize one bus route, but not a whole bus system, for example.

But I claim no expertise in this field.

Perhaps another reader may be able to give input?

Re: Genetic Algorithm

Thank you very much sir.

X

Thank you very much sir.

You need to be logged in to reply.

Related Systems of Equations questions

• How to solve Fizzbuzz Problem [Solved!]
    Hello, I'm trying to solve the fizzbuzz problem on interviewbit.com URL: FizzBuzz - InterviewBit Can someone help?
  • Solve e^x=x^e [Solved!]
    How to solve e^x=x^e?

Systems of Equations lessons on IntMath

Tips, tricks, lessons, and tutoring to help reduce test anxiety and move to the top of the class.