Skip to main content
Search IntMath
Close

IntMath forum | Inequalities

Solving nonlinear inequalities [Solved!]

My question

Concerning #2 in the exercises: why, in the answer, is 0 < = t as opposed to "0 < t "? Thanks.

Relevant page

3. Solving Non-Linear Inequalties

What I've done so far

Wondered why the answer includes equal sign at one end, while the question says "greater than".

X

Concerning #2 in the exercises: why, in the answer, is 0 &lt; = t as opposed to "0 &lt; t "? Thanks.
Relevant page

<a href="/inequalities/3-solving-non-linear-inequalities.php">3. Solving Non-Linear Inequalties</a>

What I've done so far

Wondered why the answer includes equal sign at one end, while the question says "greater than".

Re: Solving nonlinear inequalities

As the solution says, the values where the mass will be greater than 500 is `-150 < t < 10`.

But the rocket is fired at `t = 0`, so we don't count values less than that.

At `t = 0`, what is the mass of fuel?

X

As the solution says, the values where the mass will be greater than 500 is `-150 &lt; t &lt; 10`.

But the rocket is fired at `t = 0`, so we don't count values less than that.

At `t = 0`, what is the mass of fuel?

X

Correct. And is that greater than 500?

X

Correct. And is that greater than 500?

Yes. Now I see it. So since it IS 2000 when t = 0 then the inequality would include t>= 0. Thanks.

X

Yes. Now I see it. So since it IS 2000 when t = 0 then the inequality would include t&gt;= 0.  Thanks.

You're welcome!

X

You're welcome!

You need to be logged in to reply.

Related Inequalities questions

• Re: Inequalities [Solved!]
    Hello Phinah. It's just trial and error with a bit of careful observation. Look at...
  • Inequalities graph [Solved!]
    hi. i met a problem while studying. could u help me solve? sketch a region A...

Inequalities lessons on IntMath

Tips, tricks, lessons, and tutoring to help reduce test anxiety and move to the top of the class.