Plot your own graphs using JSXGraph
You can plot 3 functions, function 1 (in blue), function 2 (in green) and function 3 (in magenta).
Edit your function and then click the "Plot" button.
You can zoom in and out of the graph by holding down the Shift key and using mouse scroll wheel.
You can pan the graph (move it up, down, left, right) by holding the Shift key and dragging the graph with the mouse.
OR (slower), you can use the buttons "− o + ← ↑ ↓ →" at the bottom right of the graph to zoom out and in, and to move the viewport left, up, etc.)
Some graphs to try
The grapher will accept any of the following functions (use the notation shown):
- Straight lines: (like 3x − 2)
- Polynomials: (like x^3 + 3x^2 − 5x + 2)
- Any of the trigonometric functions: sin(x), cos(x/2), tan(2x), csc(3x), sec(x/4), cot(x)
- The inverse trigonometric functions: arcsin(x), arccos(x), arctan(x), arccsc(x), arcsec(x), arccot(x)
- Exponential (e^x) and logarithm (ln(x) for natural log and log(x) for log base 10)
- Absolute value: use "abs" like this: abs(x)
- The hyperbolic functions and their inverses: sinh(x), cosh(x), tanh(x), arcsinh(x), arccosh(x), arctanh(x)
- Sign (1 if the sign is positive, −1 if the sign of the function is negative. For example, try sign(sin(x)))
- ceiling: ceil(x) and round: round(x)
- square root: sqrt(x)
You can also use any combinations of the above, like "ln(abs(x))".
If your graph doesn't work: Try using brackets! For example, "2 tan x" works, but "tan 2x" does not. You have to put "tan(2x)".
For more information, see:
Didn't find what you are looking for on this page? Try search:
Online Algebra Solver
This algebra solver can solve a wide range of math problems. (Please be patient while it loads.)
Go to: Online algebra solver
Ready for a break?
Play a math game.
(Well, not really a math game, but each game was made using math...)
The IntMath Newsletter
Sign up for the free IntMath Newsletter. Get math study tips, information, news and updates each fortnight. Join thousands of satisfied students, teachers and parents!
Short URL for this Page
Save typing! You can use this URL to reach this page:
Math Lessons on DVD
Easy to understand math lessons on DVD. See samples before you commit.
More info: Math videos